UNITED NATIONS INTERIM ADMINISTRATION MISSION IN KOSOVO (UNMIK)
Call for Confidence Building Project (CBP) Proposals 2021-2022
A. Background and Purpose of this Call
Proposals are invited for small-scale, low cost, rapidly implementable projects, of benefit to the people of Kosovo, developed and implemented in a participatory manner, which seek to promote trust-building, reconciliation and inter-ethnic cooperation in ethnically mixed areas and among the different communities living in Kosovo and facilitate integration and cooperation among communities.
B. Aim, Objectives and Themes
Projects should promote (a) inter-municipal and inter-ethnic cooperation; (b) the provision of basic services at the community level to stimulate cooperation and reconciliation between communities; or (c) the resolution of economic, social, cultural or environmental issues at the local level. The common thread that all projects must have is an element of inter-community cooperation. UNMIK encourages proposals that seek to address the recommendations of the United Nations Kosovo Trust-Building Forum.
C. Maximum Budget
Submitted projects shall not exceed USD 25,000 in value.
D. Submission Deadline
The deadline for submission of proposals is 23:59 Hours CEST (Central European Summer Time) on Sunday 18 July 2021.
E. Eligibility Criteria
Submitting entities must:
- Be reputable not-for-profit organizations including local NGOs (including local branches of international NGOs), local authorities and government institutions. For-profit organizations and private companies cannot submit CBP proposals;
- Be legally recognized and registered with the relevant Kosovo authorities and have qualified personnel including a physical address, email and telephone contact that can be verified;
- Demonstrate transparency, accountability and efficiency in the use of resources;
- Demonstrate understanding of and compliance with UN standards of conduct with respect to the prohibition of sexual exploitation and abuse;
- Have an account with a reputable banking institution.
- Proven competencies demonstrated by previous, successful project / programme implementations will be an asset.
F. Acceptability Requirements
Applications shall comply with the following requirements:
- Proposals must be received no later than the deadline for submitting applications referred to in section D above.
- They must be submitted in English using the application form provided on the website. All sub-sections of the form must be filled, and all questions answered.
- Proposals need to demonstrate how implementation will promote (a) inter-municipal and inter-ethnic cooperation; (b) the provision of basic services at the community level to stimulate cooperation and reconciliation between communities; or (c) the resolution of economic, social, cultural and environmental issues at the local level; and how it will facilitate inter-community cooperation in Kosovo.
- The application form shall be accompanied by a detailed budget. Proposals must not exceed USD 25,000.
- Projects shall be implementable within 6 months.
- Projects may take a variety of forms, including limited infrastructure-related projects, the provision of equipment, short-term employment-generating activities to empower communities, non-recurrent training activities, awareness creation on human rights, gender, and youth issues to enhance inter-ethnic trust-building and cooperation; the holding of confidence-building or similar fora, and so on. In the current situation, priority will be given to projects addressing the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on cohesion and on confidence/trust building among all communities living in Kosovo.
- Proposals should be sensitive to the evolving Covid-19 situation, presenting an option of project implementation in line with Covid-19 preventive measures (e.g. online or outdoor meetings or other options to avoid gatherings of large groups of people, etc.) and a back-up implementation plan in case these measures become more restrictive again.
- Proposals that can point to co-funding or otherwise show their sustainability beyond the initial UNMIK funding, will be considered favourably.
- All applications should meet the eligibility criteria provided in section E above and provisions of sections B and C.
Failure to comply with the requirements will lead to the disqualification of the application.
If your project proposal meets the above criteria and has a reasonable budget, please submit by email to:
The United Nations Mission in Kosovo (UNMIK)
Confidence Building Project Review Committee
The forms must be completed in English and must be accompanied by the budget form. All sub-sections of the application form must be filled. No other formats will be accepted.
- Application form [Please download the form from here]
- Budget form [Please download the template from here]
NB: This call for proposals is subject to budget availability. All proposals that meet the above requirements and eligibility criteria will be given equal attention and sent to the Project Review Committee (PRC) which will make recommendations to the Head of Mission as to which projects best meet the priorities of the Mission. There is no guarantee that projects submitted will be selected, even if they meet the minimum criteria. Applicants will be duly notified of the outcome of this process.
Last updated: July 2021