**This call is now closed**
UNITED NATIONS INTERIM ADMINISTRATION MISSION IN KOSOVO (UNMIK)
Call for Confidence-Building Project (CBP) Proposals 2019-20
A. Background and Purpose of this Call
B. Aim, Objectives and Themes
C. Maximum Budget
Submitted projects shall not exceed USD 25,000 in value.
D. Submission Deadline
E. Eligibility Criteria
- Be reputable not-for-profit organization including local NGOs (including local branches of international NGOS), local authorities and government institutions. For-profit organizations and private companies cannot submit CBP proposals;
- Be legally recognized and registered with the relevant Kosovo authorities and have qualified personnel including a physical address, email and telephone contact that can be verified;
- Demonstrate transparency, accountability and efficiency in the use of resources;
- Demonstrate understanding of and compliance with UN standards of conduct with respect to the prohibition of sexual exploitation and abuse;
- Have an account with a reputable banking institution.
Proven competencies demonstrated by previous, successful project / programme implementations will be an asset.
F. Acceptability Requirements
- Proposals must be received no later than the deadline for submitting applications referred to in section D above.
- They must be submitted in English using the application form provided on the website. All sub-sections of the form must be filled, and all questions answered.
- Proposals need to demonstrate how implementation will promote (a) inter-municipal and inter-ethnic cooperation; (b) the provision of basic services at the community level to stimulate cooperation and reconciliation between communities; or (c) the resolution of economic, social, cultural and environmental issues at the local level; and how it will facilitate inter-community cooperation in Kosovo.
- The application form shall be accompanied by a detailed budget. Proposals must not exceed USD 25,000.
- Projects shall be implementable within 6 months.
- Projects may take a variety of forms, including limited infrastructure-related projects, the provision of equipment, short-term employment-generating activities to empower communities, non-recurrent training activities, awareness creation on human rights, gender, and youth issues to enhance inter-ethnic trust-building and cooperation; the holding of confidence-building or similar fora, and so on.
- Proposals that can point to co-funding or otherwise show their sustainability beyond the initial UNMIK funding, will be considered favourably.
- All applications should meet the eligibility criteria provided in section E above and provisions of sections B and C.
The forms must be completed in English. All sub-sections of the application form must be filled. No other format will be accepted.
- Proposal application form [Please download the form from here]
- Standardized budget template [Please download the template from here]
NB: All proposals that meet the above requirements and eligibility criteria will be given equal attention and sent to the Project Review Committee (PRC) which will make recommendations to the Head of Mission as to which projects best meet the priorities of the Mission. There is no guarantee that projects submitted will be selected, even if they meet the minimum criteria. Applicants will be duly notified of the outcome of this process.
Last updated: August 2019