Digital Trustbuilding Week (April 12-16) to launch the Kosovo Trustbuilding Network
UNMIK is hosting a Digital Trustbuilding Week from 12 to 16 April 2021 to support the Kosovo Trustbuilding Platform, with events ranging from discussions with experts, a social media campaign with actionable pledges from Kosovo Trustbuilding Network members, and the release of more interactive Platform features.
This week also marks the launch of the Kosovo Trustbuilding Network, a public directory of prominent trustbuilding professionals that will be permanently hosted on the Kosovo Trustbuilding Platform. Each Network member has provided an actionable pledge, describing how they will include trustbuilding and/or trustbuilding efforts in their everyday work. During Trustbuilding Week, pledges will be visible on social media (@trustbuildingks), digital billboards throughout Kosovo, and featured on the Kosovo Trustbuilding Platform website.
See the full agenda here.
Fuelled by NGO Open Data Kosovo, NGO New Social Initiative, and NGO Alternativna, and with support from UNMIK, the Kosovo Trustbuilding Platform is a one-of-a-kind hub of information on the initiatives, achievements, opportunities, and champions for building trust in Kosovo, launched in March 2020.
The Platform is a repository of data on trustbuilding activities and a space to celebrate the work of Kosovo’s trustbuilders. Since its launch, the Platform has leveraged this new shared digital space to contribute to the COVID-19 response, promoting public service content and highlighting innovative grassroots efforts to encourage solidarity and social connectivity.
Available in English, Albanian and Serbian, the Platform’s features include:
- Search function to identify trust-building initiatives by actor, theme, location, and status. Initiatives are searchable based on their contributions to specific Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Membership function to make an account and join the Platform as an individual or organizational contributor of initiatives, stories, job postings, and more. (NEW!)
- Stories section featuring news, video and blog content, as well as champions.
- Kosovo Trustbuilding Network, a list of reliable and celebrated trustbuilders who have made actionable pledges to the cause of trustbuilding. (NEW!)
- Interactive Infographics section featuring easy navigation of data on trustbuilding initiatives, including synthesis of themes, actors, location, status, and SDG priorities. (NEW!)
To contribute to the platform as an individual or organisation please visit: www.kosovotrustbuilding.com
The Kosovo Trustbuilding Platform was conceived in 2018 by the United Nations Kosovo Trustbuilding Forum participants to share information, promote collaboration, avoid duplication and advance the implementation of the trustbuilding recommendations.
The Kosovo Trustbuilding Network builds on the Platform’s recognition of a diverse group of 100+ trustbuilding champions in March 2020. Their “Voices of the Champions” social media campaign achieved an impressive average weekly reach of more than 70,000 users. Many prominent champions contributed to a trustbuilding op-ed series, including well-known journalists, ambassadors, a minister and a mayor, and community leaders and activists. This year, the Platform goes one step further to encourage practical action in the form of pledges.