Mentorship Programme for Emerging Young Women Leaders
Are you a young woman eager to gain hands-on experience and learn about the work of the United Nations?
If yes, don’t miss an opportunity to apply for the “Mentorship Programme for Young Women Leaders” at the United Nations Interim Administration Mission in Kosovo (UNMIK) and the United Nations Office in Belgrade (UNOB)!
For four months, three young women from diverse communities in the region will have the opportunity to partner with three senior UN women leaders from UNMIK and UNOB.
This Mentorship Programme, aimed at empowering young women to play more active roles in society, is a unique opportunity to expand your knowledge and build professional skills. At the same time, you will learn about the daily work of the UN and build your networks as you plan your own career path.
You can learn more about the previous generation of the Mentorship Programme here:
- We are seeking motivated young women from all communities between the ages of 18 and 29;
- The participation of young women from non-majority communities is strongly encouraged;
- Excellent language skills are necessary. This means very good spoken and written English alongside an excellent command of Albanian and/or Serbian;
- A commitment to engage throughout the full duration of the programme. This includes approximately two meetings and up to 10 hours of self-guided work per month, in addition to engagement in ad hoc specific activities as agreed over the course of four months.
To apply, please send your CV and motivation letter in English to Ms. Adlije Muzaqi at firstname.lastname@example.org by 27 February 2023. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.
- This is NOT a job offer, there is no expectation of a job offer upon completion of the programme, and candidates are not expected to leave their studies or professional activities. Please consider participation in this programme as a complementary activity to your professional growth.
- The successful candidates will NOT receive a salary/per diem; however, the mission will cover logistical costs essential for ensuring the participation of the mentees in the programme, as and where applicable.